Most martial artist pride themselves in being able to generate almost super human power in their punches. In this video you are going to see 3 things when combined create an incredible amount of power in your punches.
But first before we talk about how to create amazingly powerful punches, let talk about what creates poor punches. If you are doing any of these things there is a good chance your strike is not being as effective as it could be.
- Leaning forward
- Not rooting
- Just throwing your punch with your upper body
- Letting the energy of your punch leak back to your shoulders
- 46Often times martial art practitioners end up pushing energy rather than driving energy. The result is their attacks aren't as powerful as they can be and sometimes they tend to over shoot their intended target. Another problem occurs because ultimately the longer a person practices pushing energy the harder the…
- 44The first time I seen a wrist lock applied on a person I was in awe at how a simple move could cause so much pain to a person. When I first learned how to do wrist lock I couldn't actually get the technique down. The first wrist lock I…
- 44One of the problems Wing Chun Practitioners have is the tend to over commit themselves when they are parrying and deflecting. This happens for a number of different reasons. One of those reasons is because people's adrenaline gets out of control. When you're training in wing chun martial arts one…