Most martial artist pride themselves in being able to generate almost super human power in their punches. In this video you are going to see 3 things when combined create an incredible amount of power in your punches.
But first before we talk about how to create amazingly powerful punches, let talk about what creates poor punches. If you are doing any of these things there is a good chance your strike is not being as effective as it could be.
- Leaning forward
- Not rooting
- Just throwing your punch with your upper body
- Letting the energy of your punch leak back to your shoulders
This video on punching will show you how to create an effective punch
Keep these 3 things in mind while practicing your punching power
- Connect all 6 points of your body
- Root yourself when you punch
- Accelerate your punch
Take your time when you practice. It’s common that when someone punches correctly they don’t realize the power they can release. The better you strike the less likely the energy will rebound back into you because it’s going into your target.
It’s because of this reason, be careful when practicing this way of striking on another person.
- 46Often times martial art practitioners end up pushing energy rather than driving energy. The result is their attacks aren't as powerful as they can be and sometimes they tend to over shoot their intended target. Another problem occurs because ultimately the longer a person practices pushing energy the harder the…