Most martial artist pride themselves in being able to generate almost super human power in their punches. In this video you are going to see 3 things when combined create an incredible amount of power in your punches.
But first before we talk about how to create amazingly powerful punches, let talk about what creates poor punches. If you are doing any of these things there is a good chance your strike is not being as effective as it could be.
- Leaning forward
- Not rooting
- Just throwing your punch with your upper body
- Letting the energy of your punch leak back to your shoulders
This video on punching will show you how to create an effective punch
Keep these 3 things in mind while practicing your punching power
- Connect all 6 points of your body
- Root yourself when you punch
- Accelerate your punch
Take your time when you practice. It’s common that when someone punches correctly they don’t realize the power they can release. The better you strike the less likely the energy will rebound back into you because it’s going into your target.
It’s because of this reason, be careful when practicing this way of striking on another person.
- 62If you hang out in martial art circles I am sure you are familiar with people discussing which martial art is really the best martial art. You often see people popping in martial art forums asking about which style they should get involved with. Why it's true there are some…
- 49The Biggest Hazard To Your Wing Chun Training While pride and ego can be a good thing, more times than not it's actually a very bad thing to carry around in your Wing Chun training. In the Wing Chun community there are ten's of thousands of people from all over…